|November 11, 2021
|November 10, 2024
Sampoerna University recognises and respects the importance of confidentiality and security of personal information in this increasingly open digital age. The University will not sell, swap, rent, or otherwise disclose for commercial purposes your name, mailing address, telephone number, or email address, or any other personal information, except as required by law. While the University makes reasonable efforts to safeguard the information it provides to its community, it cannot guarantee its security and is not liable for any loss or theft.
By connecting to the Sampoerna University network or by using a university-owned computer or other university-owned equipment, an individual agrees to follow the University’s rules and regulations. While Sampoerna University respects the desire and needs for privacy in this setting, the University reserves the right, always, to search all hardware or software owned by the University, or connected to the University network, to prevent or investigate improper or illegal use of university systems or preventing or investigating system problems or inefficiencies. During an individual’s interaction with the University community, the individual may be required to divulge private or personal information via software or third-party systems. The University is not responsible for the information’s content, use, or privacy.
2.2.1 | University Website(s)
- When users access the Sampoerna University website(s), the webmaster collects information about their internet connection, the pages they visit on the site, the Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) from which they accessed sampoernauniversity.ac.id, and other information about their visit to the website. Individual IP Address information may be used for internal diagnostics and the investigation of misconduct or security issues). This data collection is intended to assist the University in providing efficient and useful service, and it may be used to analyse trends, generate summary statistics for the purpose of determining technical design specifications, and otherwise assist in monitoring system performance. Such data is temporarily stored. The University will use reasonable care to withhold it unless it is legally required by law enforcement, required by court order, or deemed necessary for internal investigations into university rules and regulations violations.
- The University has no intention of selling, swapping, renting, or otherwise disclosing information about the behaviour, habits, or demographics of those who visit University-controlled websites for commercial purposes.
- Certain sections of the University’s website(s) may require tracking techniques to monitor a user’s progress through courses, materials, or programs in order to verify data obtained from other sources.
- The University provides links to websites that are not affiliated with sampoernauniversity.ac.id and is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any other website to which it may link.
2.2.2 | Email
- The University has no intention of monitoring the content of email sent to or from University servers, except to identify and resolve issues with email delivery or receipt, to troubleshoot email system issues, or to address misconduct or security concerns.
- For a brief period of time, electronic logs of who sends and receives email via university servers are maintained. This data may be used to analyse trends, generate summary statistics for internal planning purposes, and otherwise assist in system performance and security maintenance.
- Email related information is stored temporarily and may only be released if legally mandated by law enforcement, required by court proceedings, or it is deemed necessary to internal investigations of violations of university rules and regulations.
2.2.3 | Students Rights to Privacy of Academic Records
- Students may make a request to the Academic Registry for their transcripts, records of current academic standing/grades, or other formal, non-confidential documents that are commonly disseminated to students and not publicly archived. Written requests will be granted within two weeks unless these criteria do not apply.
- Sampoerna University makes educational records available to school officials who have legitimate educational interests. A school official is someone employed by the University in an administrative, supervisory, academic, or support staff position; a person or University with whom Sampoerna University has contracted (i.e., attorney, auditor); a member of the University Council; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her duties.
- If a school official is required to review an education record in order to perform professional duties, the official has a legitimate educational interest.
- Sampoerna University may disclose, upon request, education records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enrol in cases where students have notified an academic advisor of their intent in writing. Sampoerna University may release Directory Information to parties within the University. Directory Information is defined as information that would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.
- Directory Information at SU currently includes the following: student name, an email address; dates of attendance; degrees and awards received; major field of study; full-time/part-time status, and date and place of birth.
- Although Sampoerna University may legally release Directory Information, current policy does not allow the release of student information to parties outside of the University without the student’s permission. Exceptions to this include but are not limited to: Dean’s Lists; academic and non-academic honours and awards; graduation photographs; or information to students’ hometown or regency government and media outlets.
- Students may elect a “Directory Hold,” which places a hold on the release of any information outside of Sampoerna University
- Students will be provided Public Disclosure Forms at First-year Orientation specifying individuals, typically immediate family members, with whom the University may share information.
- Students may amend or update the Public Disclosure Form at any time. Academic Registry maintains public Disclosure Forms.
2.2.4 | Health Records/Information
Records and information related to users of the University’s Counselling or Health Clinic services will not be publicly disclosed. These records will be shared with other Counselling and/or medical providers as warranted to assist in providing quality care. Individuals listed on the Public Disclosure Form may request access to these records on a need-to-know basis.
Related Policy and Procedure :
- Student Code
- Faculty Code
- Staff Code
- IT Policy
- Academic Policy